Director of Development
We are seeking an experienced director of development to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable track record in a nonprofit setting, especially as it relates to fundraising. S/he must be energetic, organized and service-oriented to our board, donors, partners and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Certified Fundraising Executive preferred.
- Ten to fifteen years of experience working for a nonprofit organization as a senior development officer.
- Experience in working with donors, foundations and corporations.
- Experience developing and executing fundraising campaigns.
- Experience with developing and executing annual communications plan.
- Experience with events, including logistics, sponsor, vendor and attendee relations.
- Experience with web and social media.
- Experience with donor databases.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with Mac OS.
- Energetic and confident.
- Think strategically and react proactively.
- Work in a collaborative team environment.
- Organized and efficient with time.
- Clear and sensitive in both written and verbal communication.
- Ethical and responsible.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please indicate why you are interested in this position. Please provide examples of your experience in individual, major and planned giving; foundation and corporate support and specials events. Please include specific figures (amount raised or percentage increased). Please also include your salary history.
All applications must be received by 5:00 pm on October 2, 2017
Electronic submissions must be in either Word or PDF format.
Submissions may either be mailed to:
Meals on Wheels Chicago
1111 North Wells Street, Suite 307
Chicago, IL 60610
or via email at email@example.com
To inquire about driver positions currently available to deliver Meals on Wheels, please contact:
1161 W. 21st Street
Chicago, IL 60608