Meals on Wheels Chicago asks you to join the network of 2 million volunteers nationwide who are making a difference in the lives of seniors across the country. By participating in one of the activities listed below, you can help the Meals on Wheels Chicago reach the 1 in 6 seniors who might not know where their next meal is coming from.
- Donate your lunch money. Did you know that the average American spends $20 per week getting lunch in restaurants? Consider packing up your leftovers once a month and donating that $20 to the community of homebound seniors that we serve.
- Speak up for seniors. By contacting our elected representatives in Washington, you are making their voices heard. Call your Senators and Representative in Washington and urge them to increase funding for Older Americans Act Nutrition Programs. Let us know if you need help!
- Your words matter. Share your MOWC story. Social media can be a powerful tool in painting a picture for your friends, family, and colleagues. Post a Facebook status or send a Tweet to let your network know how much Meals on Wheels means to you. #seniorscantwait
- Become our partner. If you work for a socially responsible company, inquire about sitting on our board. Inquire with HR about employee giving or volunteer engagement. Or better yet, let’s talk about how Meals on Wheels Chicago can partner with your company. Collaboration is our specialty.
- Fight social isolation. Did you know that nearly 30% of seniors in America live alone and that being socially isolated is detrimental to good health? If you have a team of 10 or more, volunteer to serve lunch or play bingo at one of Chicago’s senior centers. For a nominal fee, Meals on Wheels Chicago will schedule with a center and ensure your group has a meaningful and enjoyable experience.